Recipe for a classic cottage cheese casserole with raisins. Delicious, fragrant, “correct”. Such a cottage cheese casserole has been prepared for many years for breakfast in a restaurant in a former hotel that knew more about Soviet times.
– The quality of the cottage cheese greatly influences the flavor of the casserole, it should not be sour or aged, the best is the fat cottage cheese made at home, which must be rubbed or beaten with a mixer until a cream remains, reminiscent of the consistency of Philadelphia cheese. It is impossible to beat cheap store-bought cottage cheese like this, the smallest lumps still remain.
– The top of the baked casserole should be greased with butter or fatty sour cream, then the crust will become tender and fragrant.
– In addition to the vanilla sugar, you can add lemon zest to the cottage cheese casserole, it will give it an incomparable aroma.
For 6 servings:
1 kilo of cottage cheese
3 large or 4 small eggs
150 g sugar (7 tablespoons with a small cap)
6 tablespoons semolina + 1 tablespoon. to mold
4 tablespoons raisins
50 g of butter + 1 tbsp. for mold lubrication
small pinch of salt
1 packet of vanilla or 2 packets of vanilla sugar
1. Sort the raisins from debris and rinse under running water. Raisins do not need to be soaked, just rinsed.
2. Turn on the oven to heat up to 180 C.
3. Rub the cottage cheese through a sieve or beat well with a blender. It should acquire a creamy consistency. If the cottage cheese is dry, add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream or cream. The consistency of the whipped cottage cheese should be like a smooth cream.
4. Separate the whites from the yolks.
Add all the sugar and vanilla to the yolks.
Grind the yolks with sugar or beat with a mixer until the mixture turns white.
Add the beaten egg yolks to the curd.
Throw out the whole mango.
Mix well and reserve the mixture for 10 minutes; during this time, the semolina will swell.
Then add the raisins. Mixture.
Add a pinch of salt to the proteins and beat well until a stable foam is obtained.
Gently add the beaten egg whites to the curd mixture with a spoon. This is done by hand to retain as many air bubbles as possible, which will make the pan look like a soufflé.
The mass must be homogeneous and viscous.
Grease the mold with a little soft butter.
Sprinkle the greased form with semolina. This way, the casserole will not stick to the walls when it is baked.
Pour the curd mass into the prepared form.
Spread half of the melted butter over the surface.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put it in a very hot oven at 180 C for 30 minutes.
19. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and, without lowering the temperature, bake the casserole for another 20 minutes, it should turn golden.
20. Pour the remaining butter over the hot pan, it should be applied with a brush. Then the bark will become soft and fragrant.
Slice the slightly cooled casserole and serve.
Enjoy your meal!